Tasty Gluten Free Brownies
So, i’ve been messing around with a recipe for a bit and I think i’ve just about perfected it, so I thought i’d share it with you! It’s dead easy, tastes so good, has one of your 5 a day and it’s Gluten Free 🙂
- 50g of Baked Sweet Potato
- 185g of Unsalted Organic Butter (I use the Tesco Unsalted Organic Butter)
- 225g of Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Organic Eggs (Local Farm)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 250g of Organic Dark Chocolate (I use Plamil)
- 15g of Organic Raw Cacao Powder (I use Terra-Fertil)
- 130g of Gluten Free Flour (I get mine from Dove)
Method To The MADNESS
- Pre-heat your oven to 185’C or 170’C Fan. Once warmed, add your Sweet Potato and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. When it’s finished turn your oven off and leave your Sweet Potato for a further 10 minutes. Take it out the oven and open it (slice it through the middle), it should be nice and soft! Leave it to cool.
- Whilst the Sweet Potato is in the oven, line a tin with baking paper and set to the side…
Top tip, to keep the corners in place you can use Clothes Pegs!
- Add 185g of Butter into a saucepan and melt down via a low temperature.
- Cut your Chocolate into small pieces.
- Turn your oven back on and preheat to 180’C or 160’C Fan.
- When the butter has melted, add 175g of your recently chopped Chocolate into the saucepan (don’t forget to stir) and melt down to a liquid.
- Once the Chocolate is melted, take it off the heat and set to the side to cool.
- Add 4 Large eggs into a mixing bowl and add 225g of Caster Sugar. Whisk the eggs and sugar together using an electric hand mixer (or good old fashioned elbow grease), until thick, pale and fluffy (and almost doubled in volume).
- Pour in the cooled melted chocolate and butter combination and gently fold.
- Sift flour and raw cacao powder and gently fold again. Then add the baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Add the 50g of Sweet Potato and again gently fold (ensure Sweet Potato is mixed well!).
- Lastly, stir in the rest of the chopped chocolate.
IMPORTANT TIP!!! Check your mixture; if there’s lots of air bubbles, you can tap the side of the mixing bowl a couple of times to remove some of the bubbles!
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and lightly spread into all the corners.
- In the middle of your oven, bake the mixture for approximately 17-20 minutes, or until the middle has just about set and the top is crusty.
- Remove your Gluten Free Brownies from the oven and leave to cool in the tray. Don’t be worried, they’ll continue to bake a little in the tin.
- Leave until cooled, then cut into delicious Brownies. They should be crusty on the top and soft (NOT WET) in the middle!