I’ve been playing around with a recipe using Avocado for the last couple of weeks and i’ve finally perfected it!
125g of Avocado Flesh
50g of Raw Cacao Powder
50g of Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Large Egg
0.5 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
5 tablespoons of Agave Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 175’c and line a baking tray with vegetable parchment (paper).
- Get your Avocado and scoop out the flesh, mash this up until it’s soft.
- Add the Agave Syrup and the Large Egg and mix.
- Add in the Raw Cacao Powder and Bicarbonate Of Soda and mix until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Stir in the Organic Dark Chocolate Chips until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Place large dollops of the batter onto the prepared baking tray (I use an ice cream scoop), make sure you spread them out into the shapes you desire as they won’t flatten like normal cookies.
- Chuck them in the oven (middle shelf always) and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes (depending on your oven). When you take them out you can put a skewer through the middle of the biggest one and if it runs clear then you’re good to go!
- Leave to cool and enjoy. They’re great with a dollop of frozen yoghurt..They’re also good with a cup of tea and a bit of holiday searching 🙂